When travelling on a mobile safari, luggage must be compact, light and easy to pack into the trailer. Each guest is strictly limited to 20kg of luggage in a soft carrier bag and an additional small day bag plus limited camera equipment.
We suggest you bring the following:
- Good quality flashlight and spare batteries/bulbs – a headlamp is most useful.
- Camera with spare batteries, film or memory cards
- 12v (Cigarette lighter type) adaptor for charging
- Good quality pair of binoculars (8×30 or better)
- Sleeping Bag, pillow and towel (sleeping bags can be rented for US$30 per bag and need to be booked in advance)
- Natural toned, light weight clothes
- Light weight long-sleeved tops and long trousers to help prevent insect and mosquito bites
- Comfortable shoes as well as sandals or flip-flops
- Light, compact raincoat is a good idea for sporadic summer thunderstorms (Nov – Apr)
- Fleece or sweater and a warm jacket for colder winter nights (May – Aug)
- Beanies, scarf and gloves for the cold early morning game drives in winter – it can reach 0˚C and below
- Sun block, lip balm, sunglasses, hat, swimsuit, insect repellent and malaria prophylaxis
- Toiletries and any medicines